The range of advisory services is nearly unlimited and runs the gamut of A-Z. Put simply, if it relates to NZ tax then Carl will have an answer or find an effective solution.
- Business Structuring – including restructuring options and planning around tax events/risks
- Company Taxation issues, dividends, imputation, share repurchases
- Employer Responsibilities
- Financial Arrangements
- GST – everything to do with GST including exported/imported supplies
- Immigration to New Zealand / Double Tax Agreements
- International tax issues – trading overseas and structures to avoid double taxation, Thin Capitalisation issues and planning, Double Tax Agreements and permanent establishment issues
- IRD Audits, Investigations and Disputes
- Limited Partnership structuring and taxation
- Livestock and Bloodstock
- Property transactions, land development and subdivisions, bright-line issues, tainting, ownership structures
- Related and Associated Person Transactions
- Specialised tax regimes eg. FIF’s, CFC’s, PIE’s
- Taxation of Trusts, Clubs, Charities and Maori Authorities
Dealing with Disputes
Communicating with Inland Revenue on your firm’s behalf is a critical issue when investigations or disputes happen. Carl is experienced with preparing Disputes documents and reaching sensible solutions with the IRD for clients.
Carl is experienced with Binding Ruling applications for those clients who need greater certainty as far as the IRD treatment goes. In other cases he is able to use his relationships with senior IR personnel to seek opinions (or second opinions) from the local Inland Revenue office.
We are fully transparent regarding fees. Carl only charges for the time he spends when giving taxation advice. There are no hidden costs or minimum charges.
For more complex jobs, Carl is happy to provide an estimate before work begins.