From February 2020, Carl and Julie Segedin are offering a focused series of 8 practical, purposeful and engaging 90 minute webinars delving deep into nitty gritty taxation issues.
The March 2020 webinar will include:
- Legal fees - paid on buying/selling rentals, also trust and estate legal fees - what is the latest on deductibility?
- Analysis in IRD’s recent draft statement on associated person supplies and “Airbnbs” creates major disturbance for owners who think they are below the GST threshold.
- Interaction between CB 3 (profit-making schemes) and land sale provisions.
- Clearing confusion on death rollover provisions where the spouse is the sole beneficiary versus all other scenarios.
- Ring-fencing revisited - beneficiary income from rental trust and losses in personal name.
- Where are we at with QC phase out – does it matter anyway?
- Tax transfers and effective date for ICA - IRDs statement in OP 20/01, traps to watch out for.
- Recent determination for employers on apportioning private v business for employee phones and laptops.
You can register for these webinars by clicking on the link below :
Note : This Tax Tonic series replaces the Tax Update webinars previously administered by Polson Higgs training. Carl and Julie will not be presenting in the Polson Higgs series in 2020.